‘My God, I want nothing but Your Will; submission to it has such power over me that my soul desires neither death nor life.’Saint John Paul II
- To pray without ceasing: Saint Teresa had no hesitation in declaring this to be the most important obligation prescribed by the Rule.
- The life of continual prayer becomes easier as the soul succeeds in preserving within itself, throughout the day, the awareness of the presence of God.
- Saint Teresa speaks of prayer as not in thinking much, but in loving much.
- A soul who longs for a life of intimacy with God is not satisfied to limit its relations with Him to the time of prayer, but tries to extend them throughout the whole day.
- In the spirit of the Rule, prayer must permeate the entire existence of the Discalced Carmelite Nun.
- Prayer must be the first priority in organizing the life of the community.
Carmel where prayer becomes life, and life becomes prayer
Saint John Paul II