Mary will have her own place in your life. She is the selfless space where God became man.
- It began on Mount Carmel, where the first hermits dedicated a little Chapel in honour of Our Lady.
- With the approval of the Church the hermits undertook the obligation of living the evangelical counsels in allegiance to Christ and His Virgin Mother.
- Mary is all yours and you are all hers.
- Her faith and fidelity is a model for your life, she is wholly grace and grace for you.
- The history of Carmel overflows with the presence of the Virgin Mary.
- Saint Teresa and Saint John of the Cross confirmed and renewed Carmel’s devotion to Mary.
- Mary is acknowledged as Mother and Patron of the Order.
- Each Nun will also express her own personal filial love for the Mother of the Lord, by her way of imitating her virtues, and her life of fidelity to what the Lord asked of her.
This is why we express our veneration for Our Lady, and entrust the needs of the Church and the world to her protection and care. Each Monastery chooses some Marian devotion, like the Angelus, Litanies and the Rosary, which we perform in common.