At two o'clock in the afternoon, 'None' is to be recited, after which they shall have spiritual reading, in such a way that'None' and the reading together take only one full hour.'Vespers' will be said at five o'clock in the afternoon, after which they shall have an hour of prayer, for their spirits will be well recollected and they will spend the time well.
- Each community represents, in a special way, the Church at prayer.
- St Teresa’s instructions were to foster and enable the sisters to live a life of prayer which is focused entirely on the salvation of souls, the needs of the Church, and especially for Priests.
- The Divine Office, to which the Carmelite is obliged both by the Rule and the acts of Vatican II – is second only to the Mass in dignity and holiness.
- We must surround the Divine Office with all reverence, recollection and devotion.
- In choir we should be totally absorbed in God, His worship, adoration and praise.
- It is the prayer of the Church which is being offered by our lips.